So, here's how it all went down...
Around 10:00, the contractions started really picking up. By 10:30, Diana was more than ready for her epidural. The nurse called the anesthesiologist and he came just in time. I don't think Diana would have lasted much longer with those STRONG contractions! By 11:15, the epidural was in and the medicine was flowing and we all breathed a quick sigh of relief. The nurse then called in the OB resident to break Diana's water. We were all surprised that Diana was already 7 cm dilated!!! We couldn't believe it. The resident broke Diana's water and then the nurse told us she would check on us in an hour or so to see if she had progressed at all. Within 4 minutes, Diana was feeling serious pressure and was really worried the epidural wasn't working. So the nurse checked her again and she was completely ready to start pushing! FOUR MINUTES AFTER BREAKING THE WATER!!!! We were so surprised. Granny and I had only taken about 3 bites of lunch and we quickly put it away!
The nurse called our doctor, Dr. Smith, and she said she'd be here in 20 minutes. Diana didn't think she could wait 20 seconds let alone 20 minutes so they brought in a resident just in case. Luckily, with a little more pain medication, Diana was able to wait the 18 minutes it took Dr. Smith to arrive. At 12:00 PM, she started pushing and by 12:17, Andrew was born. He weighs 8 pounds, 11 ounces and is 21 and a half inches long. None of us could believe he was that big. Anna was 8 pounds, 10 ounces and 21 and a half inches long. Really...he is a replica of Anna!
Here's a first look at our new little guy. We love him so much!

25 comments:
Oh my goodness, he's darling!! Look at his Mama... how in the world do you look so pretty and put-together right after giving birth?!!
Congratulations!!
Stacey
So sweet! Thanks for sharing!!
He's perfect! I love how happy you all look. Congratulations!
Congratulations!! You look amazing Diana! Hes a cutie. You guys did well!
CONGRATULATIONS!!! What a handsome little boy!
He is so perfect!!! Congratulations! I love you guys. Diana you are radiant. I can't believe that baby just came from you! xoxo
Congratulations! I'm so glad he's here!
Congrats !!!!!
Wow, diana, you do look wonderful !! I can't even look that great- guess cuz my babies come so early in the morning (elsa - I was in labor since 1130 pm and had her 330 pm - couldn't sleep since I didn't had epidurl and aila- labor for 4 hours starting 5 am). :)
So hapy for you two. Any pictures of anna meeting her brother ??
Umm, SUPERMODEL! He's sooo darling and we're so so happy for you guys!! I can't believe what a big guy he is. You were so tiny!
Yay!!! Isn't he just the best?? He's a lucky boy to have you two! Congrats!
Wahoo! Us Gradens are all excited for you guys :0) He's one cutie and it's so fun that he's finally here, healthy, strong and all!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! :0)
First of all, his precious face was already so sweet I was on the verge of tears. But pictures of Josh cutting the cord . . . that's it, I'm toast! Thanks for making me bawl. And Diana, you look like you are in the Mrs. America pageant. You are just so beautiful! Congratulations!!
Congratulations! He is so cute. And man, I wish that I looked that great right after giving birth! We're so happy for you guys!
What a cutie! So happy for you guys and glad everything went well. Can't wait to meet him.
Congratulations!! We're SO happy for you guys. I really want to meet that little guy!! Can't wait to see you guys as parents to a little boy! We miss you!
Oh my goodness, he does look like Anna! What a beautiful addition to your family! Congratulations!!!
4 minutes...Seriously, that is awesome. Congratulations on such a handsome little man. In one of the pictures you look like you are wearing giant neon green hoop earrings, it must be just a cord or else those are your party hoops. I can't say that I wouldn't be having a party. You look fantastic and everyone seems to be glowing with happiness. Congratulations to all of you!!!
Congratulations!! I'm so happy that everything worked out well for Andrew's birth! Wow, he was a big baby for a little mommy! Diana, you really do look like a supermodel in those pixs. There's no way I could have looked that amazing after Brian's birth (I bet 20 hours of labor had something to do with it...next time should be faster, I hope!) Anyway, he is beautiful and I'm excited to meet him!
Congratulations!!! Anna will be such a cute big sister!
Congratulations!!! Anna will be such a cute big sister!
Diana, are you kidding me? I think these pictures are fake, you look WAY too pretty to have just had a baby!
Congratulations, you guys! How exciting!
Congrats! He is a doll! And what a cute mama, you look adorable as well...definitely not like you just gave birth! Hope you are all doing well!
Diana, could you be any more gorgeous?! Especially for just having had a baby! Congratulations to you and Josh! Andrew and Anna are both precious!
Congratulations, he is beautiful. And Diana, you look pretty amazing yourself:)
Absolutely beautiful Diana and Josh! You all look so happy, it is true joy emulating out of those smiles! Congratulations! Audrey Dieker
Post a Comment