Thursday, February 5, 2009

Anna Banana

So, it's been a while since the last update. We've been having so much fun with our little Anna. She is such a good baby! She sleeps all night, only waking up once or twice to eat. She is easy to put down to sleep too. She loves taking baths but hates when she has to get out because it's so cold!
Her little personality is already coming out. We think she's going to be a cuddler because she hates being alone. When I get ready in the morning, I put her in her bouncer right beside me. It works great until I walk in the other room. As soon as she can't see me, she starts wailing! There are also times when I'll be right beside her when she's in her bouncer and she just cries and cires. Then, as soon as I pick her up to hold her, she's fine! She wants to be held all the time!
The doctor told us to do tummy time with her during the day. We've been trying to do it a lot with her but practice is definitely not making perfect because she HATES it. We're supposed to do it for 10 minutes, and she cries the whole time! We're working on it...

I really like this little picture of her. She's almost smiling for the camera. Josh has really been a great dad! He sings to Anna, plays with her, and constantly tells her how much he loves her. He doesn't complain when it's his turn to change the dirty diaper and he always offers to get up in the night time to help out. Anna is one lucky girl to have him.


I think her hair might have some red in it, what do you think?



A lady in my home ward had this dress made for Anna. Isn't it beautiful?

The joy of being a mom has far exceeded my expectations. There may be a lot of dirty diapers and sleepy nights but that's just a small price for all of the love and joy I feel for this little girl. I love being able to be at home with her all day and be there for her. She may only be three weeks old, but I think she knows I'm her mom. There have been some instances where she'll look at me and I just know that she loves me too. It's been a great three weeks. We're so lucky to have her.

12 comments:

Brenna said...

I love seeing the pictures of Anna. Being parents is great, and it just gets more fun as they grow! Caleb started sleeping 6 hour stretches at 6 weeks, so maybe you won't have too many more sleepless night! Good luck!

KILEY said...

well I have never even met her and I love her already! Not to be all weird and stuff, but I think she looks like Josh. If he were a tiny baby girl. She is adorable!

Cal said...

What a sweet little face. Not to mention her parents who have the biggest smiles I've ever seen, and for good reason!

Carolyn said...

It is wonderful to be a mom! Anna sounds like such a sweet baby. Lainey is totally a cuddler, too. She still cries when I leave the room!

Anna is absolutely beautiful and I'm very happy for you guys.

Dave, Pam and Co. said...

I'm so happy you posted new pics. She is adorable. I'm glad you're having so much fun with her. I can't wait to finally meet her in person. I hope it's soon!

Love you all!

Aunt Pam

Michelle- A look at our lovely life said...

So cute! I love to hear what you say about being a mom, Diana. And I totally know what you mean about feeling your three-week-old love you back. It totally happens.

Brit n' Ryan said...

What a beauty! Congrats again, becoming parents is the best, isn't it? I loved the pictures of the both of you holding her individually, too cute!

Brit n' Ryan said...

What a beauty! Congrats again, becoming parents is the best, isn't it? I loved the pictures of the both of you holding her individually, too cute!

Baak Talk said...

Lucky girl!! Beautiful girl! What wonderful parents! Congratulations again!

Melissa P said...

Gosh, she is just the cutest little girl ever!! love the pics! Im glad the first 3 weeks have been so good for you!

The Petersons said...

Have you tried laying on your back and putting her on your chest during tummy time? Sometimes they like that better and it still works their muscles!

Don't worry though. My nephew HATED tummy time too and now at 6 months, he sleeps on his tummy!

Andrea said...

I agree with Kiley about looking like Josh, but then I know Josh better than Diana, so maybe thats why.. no matter who she looks like though she is just a doll!