Happy Mother's Day to all of you wonderful moms. This is the part where I get to brag a little. I have the most wonderful mom in the world, hands down. She has always been my best friend. She has always been there for me, and now that my family has grown, she loves Josh and Anna and our little baby to be with all of her heart. Her example has meant more to me than she will ever know. Now that I have Anna, I think about how I should raise her and what I should do to help her along the way. I often get my answer from thinking about what my mom would do and what she did for me. She has been a great leader for me and I adore her.

Josh's mom is a special person in our household. She passed away when Josh was eight years old, but her love lives on. I love hearing Josh talk about her and how kind and gentle and loving she was with him. He remembers feeling lots of love from her, as only a mother can give. She was a very special woman and we're sure she is happy on the other side looking down on us. Mother's Day is a great time for us to really reflect on her life. We love her dearly and are excited for the day to reunite with her again. This is a picture of Lynn holding Josh when he was just a baby. Our little Anna Lynn is named after her.

Linda is Josh's stepmom and is a wonderful woman. We both love Linda very much. She has been so kind to us and shown us so much love. She is a great example for us to look to. She is always thoughtful, sending us cards and calling us often. When we went to visit the Lees in California for Christmas, it was amazing to us how hard Linda works. She really keeps the house running and does it with a happy face. She makes everyone feel welcomed and loved. So, Happy Mother's Day to everyone!!

I had the BEST Mother's Day ever!! Josh made me feel so loved and so special today. As you can see, he gave me the royal treatment. I got beautiful roses, a Mother's Day balloon, and a delicious breakfast in bed. Not to mention, some great new maternity clothes and my favorite candy. He really did good this time. I know it's Mother's Day but I feel so lucky to have such a wonderful husband who treats me so right. I just love him.
I don't think I could love being a mom more than I do. I can't imagine my life without my little Anna. She's got me hooked. I adore her. I love that I can be her mommy and stay at home with her. It is such a blessing to be a stay at home mom. I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. There is just no love like the love for a child. We've realized that more and more. Even when it's really hard, we still love our baby girl with all of our hearts. She just brings us so much joy. This time next year, we'll have two children and we can hardly wait.

I am just the luckiest girl in the world.

This is the first of many pregnancy shots. Josh bought me a new Sunday dress for church. All of my maternity clothes I had with Anna were winter. Now I'm going to be big and pregnant in the summer so I had to go shopping. I didn't mind that too much. ;-)

I had lots of people ask me today if I was expecting so I guess I really am showing. Now that I know it's obvious, I feel like I can embrace the maternity clothes.
6 comments:
What a beautiful tribute to your mothers!! How thoughtful.
How do you look so wonderful in the morning? You are a beautiful person and Josh is lucky to have you!
Happy Mother's Day!
You look so beautiful, Diana! And your tributes to the three moms are great! Don't forget how awesome YOU are and how lucky Josh is to have you.
LOVE that dress! You are so beautiful!
Diana, what a beautiful post. I love the picture of Lynn and Josh. Josh was obsessed with Lynn's hair. He always had his fingers in it. Someday we will all be with her again. I think of her often and miss her a lot.
And I agree with you, Linda is wonderful! I know how much she loves all of you.
It sounds like you had a great mother's day --- I'm so glad! You look beautiful in your maternity dress (although you don't look pregnant to me, at all)! Great post.
I wish I looked that good just waking up :)
Post a Comment