So I raced home and we threw the bags in the car and headed to the hospital. Diana was huffing and puffing during the whole car drive. When we got to the hospital, the nurse checked her and she was 3 plus centimeters dilated and 85% effaced. She said we'd wait an hour and see if the contractions were making her progress. An hour of hard contractions later, with me pushing on Diana's knees and her mom holding her hand and a lot of "You're doing great" and "Just a few more seconds," the nurse finally came back and told us that Diana had not dilated any further but had become more effaced. We were worried for a second that they'd send us home, but there was NO WAY we were going home! She was having BAD contractions. The nurse called the doctor and the doctor said we were staying!!!
After another hour and fifteen minutes, Diana finally got her epidural and we ALL started to relax! Diana said the epidural wasn't that bad. Compared to the contractions, it was NOTHING! We both don't know how anyone would do this without it, (husbands included!). So now we're just waiting. The nurse just came in and told us that she's 5 centimeters dilated, 100% effaced, and that the water bag is about to break! We couldn't be any more excited!

9 comments:
Woohoo Congrats Josh and Diana! Your going to be great parents! I always enjoyed watching Josh play with Kai!
aww. can't wait to see pictures of anna !
OH MY GOSH!! I am so excited!
Oh my gosh I hope she comes today so our babies can be birthday buddies!!! SO EXCITING you are at the hospital!
We're very excited for you! That epidural makes things so much easier; after I had Caleb I turned to Roy and said, I can do that again, no problem:) Hope things go smoothly.
Oh, how exciting! Best of luck with everything! I can't wait to hear more news. :)
Diana, even in a hospital bed about to give birth you look great! I am so excited for you. Good luck delivering your baby.
oh my gosh...i'm dying right now!! i KNEW you had to be at the hospital by now!! Look how beautiful you look there on the hospital bed--i don't believe you're in pain at all:) oh....can't wait to meet Anna!! I'm so glad your mom is here too! REally, I just wish I could talk to you guys right now, but we'll just wait to hear further updates! We love you guys!!
I have never seen someone look so good in labor pictures! Congrats! Can't wait to meet Anna!
Post a Comment