Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Anna Lynn Lee

Anna is here! Last night at 11:46 pm, Anna was born. We couldn't believe how quickly the labor went. An hour after they broke Diana's water, she was fully dilated. She went from 5 centimeters to 10 centimeters in 1 hour!!! After that, she started pushing and within 45 minutes, Anna was here. She weighs 8 pounds, 10 ounces and she is 21 inches long. She is absolutely gorgeous. Mommy is doing well. After the epidural, she couldn't feel anything. Now it's 7:15 AM and she's starting to feel it. We were glad Diana's mom was here for moral support and to take some great pictures. Here's a few of our favorites so far:

When she cries, she has the poutiest lip! It's so cute!

Mommy holding Anna for the first time.

Dr. Gammett was our doctor. He was great! Our nurse's name was Stephanie and she was very helpful too. We are so glad we delivered at Timpanogos!

Daddy is very happy!

Anna loved her first bath!


27 comments:

karen said...

awww josh, i'm so proud of you. yeah, you'll always be a little boy to me and a great friend i have (remmy all the times we had at four stars). i know you are a great father and a great husband. enjoy all the moments you have with anna.. she will grow up so FAST. elsa will be one in 3 weeks already and it make me feel like she is not a baby anymore because she's crawling, escaping from her mischiefs , etc :)
make sure to keep your blog updated often. can't wait to see anna grow up !!
great job, diana ! You even look better than i did !! i didn't even wear any makeups since i was in labor from 1130 pm till 5:00 pm the next day.

Alisa said...

YEAH!!! This is the FIRST thing we checked when we got up this morning. I'm so proud of you guys and can't wait to meet Anna. You're right, she is beautiful!!

.:{ Grace }:. said...

You may not remember me, ask Karen if you dont, but I just wanted to say congrats! She is beautiful!
-Grace

Erin said...

Now I want to see her in PERSON, ok? SOON. She's darling.

The Mann Family said...

What a doll! Congratulations! We can't wait to meet her! Enjoy every minute...it goes so fast!

Melissa said...

Congratulations Josh and Diana! She is gorgeous!

Tara said...

Congrats! I am glad everything went well! You look great!

Ashley Webb said...

Yea! We're so excited for you - now all the fun begins!! I hope she knows that she has the 2 coolest parents ever!

Sommer said...

Congrats!!!! She's absolutely beautiful! I can't wait to see her! You guys are going to be awesome parents!

Jaclyn said...

Congratulations you two!! Or should I say, you three!! Anna is just beautiful. What a miracle to have a baby join your family! We wish you all the best. We're so happy for you!

Meredith Shatzer said...

She is so beautiful! I'm so excited for you guys! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

BriAnna Jenkins said...

Congratulations you guys!! I am so excited that we have same day babies!!! She is so cute! I can't wait to see more pictures of her!

Roy said...

congratulations! She's beautiful!

Tyler and Lindsay said...

She is so beautiful! Congratulations Diana and Josh, I know you both will make amazing parents. A baby makes everything in life better. Here's to many little firts, and the excitment of each new stage in Anna's life. Our love, Tyler, Lindsay and Maggie Roberts

kami said...

yay!!! a HUGE HUGE HUGE congrats to you three! what a wonderful experience...it makes me tear up to remember max's birth - i just love hearing about births because it is so beautiful! i can't wait to see more pictures of beautiful anna! diana...get some rest and enjoy this wonderful first few weeks, it is honestly the best.

Builder said...

call me crazy...but is the Dr. holding Anna upside down in that picture? Just want to make sure I'm not seeing stuff.....Congrats you guys! We can't wait to meet her!

Michelle- A look at our lovely life said...

Welcome to the world Anna Lynn Lee!!! We are so excited for you. You all look great and beautiful! What a cute, cute baby. COngratulations!!!!

Melissa P said...

yay!!!! Congratulations! We are so happy for you guys!!

Holly-O said...

congrats! she's precious!

Allison said...

HURRAY! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Brittany said...

Congratulations!! She is so cute! :)

Dave, Pam and Co. said...

Hip Hip Horray! I'm a great aunt again! I'm so thrilled for you guys. Diana, you look great! Way to go! Anna is gorgeous, but that's no surprise.

Enjoy every single minute with your beautiful baby girl. She is going to grow up very fast!

I love you all!

Aunt Pam

P.S. Josh, I'm sure your mom is so thrilled that you named Anna after her. I know with parents like you and Diana she will grow up to have a strong testimony and love of the Savior just like her Grandma Lynn!

Brit n' Ryan said...

Congrats! That is so exciting! Happy Birthday Anna! Hope you enjoy every minute of all these new experiences. And try to get some rest :)

Mia said...

Congratulations! you guys she is beautiful, can't wait to meet her!

Cal said...

Aw. So precious. Very congratulations! This is so exciting!

Karen said...

Congratulations! Anna is beautiful! Diana-I can't believe that your a mom. Aren't you still a beehive? You are so beautiful inside and out and you've created a beautiful new family! I love you so much!

Heidi Mann said...

Congratulations Josh and Diana! We are so excited for you. Anna is just beautiful and we can't wait to meet her and see you. We know you will be wonderful parents and Anna is so lucky to have you. We wish you all the best! Your family is adorable!

Love,
Heidi, Brian, Caden, and Brianna