Thursday, November 20, 2008

You won't believe this one....

So, I come home from school on Monday and there is a note on the door that says, "Please knock before coming in." Unfortunately, I saw it as I was opening the door, (but all is well). There standing is my incredibly wonderful husband with our video camera in hand and a big grin on his face. He was standing behind our new ROCKING CHAIR!! He surprised me and bought me this rocking chair while I was at school. He even put a pink bow on it. I was so surprised!

BUT, here is the real story. I drive to school everyday because I'm lazy and don't want to walk. So, I had the car. Josh contacted the previous owner and rode his bike to his house to go look at it. He thought it was a good deal and bought it for only twenty bucks. To get it home, Josh rode 12 blocks on his bike with one hand on his handle bar and the other hand carrying this HUGE rocking chair uphill!!!!!!!! Can you believe that?!!! Then, he had to go all the way back to get the ottoman. He said his muscles were dying by the end, but he really wanted to surprise me. Now, if that isn't a good story, I don't know what is. Josh is seriously the most thoughtful, sweetest person in this world. He always does the most wonderful things. I can't believe he's mine.

I LOVE my new chair. Over Thanksgiving break, we're going to refinish it to have a darker brown wood and make a slip cover to cover up the ugly green. We're excited to have a project to do. I can't wait to rock my little baby girl in that chair and now, I have a great story to tell with it.

10 comments:

Gary and Shelice Murphy said...

That is the sweetest story to treasure. All my children love to hear stories about themselves (pre and post arrival). I'm sure that will become one of her favorites!

Tara said...

AWWW such a sweet story!!! $20 bucks! I need a rocking chair, i gottakeep my eye out for a steal of deal like that!

kami said...

wow what a sweetheart. you are a lucky girl!!

BriAnna Jenkins said...

Diana! I saw this post and I had to comment... I have the EXACT same glider!! We got ours at a garage sale, and it is missing the ottoman, but I was planning on revamping mine too! We need to compare notes =)

Meredith Shatzer said...

Such a cute story! I'm so excited for you to get that little sweet heart!

MCMULLIN FAMILY said...

That is so incredibly awesome. Lucky you - and lucky baby to have such a great story told her someday.

Brenna said...

When I told Roy this story he said "Yeah, Josh is crazy like that." We couldn't believe he could bring a big chair like that home on a bike. You are a lucky girl for sure!

KILEY said...

That is AMAZING! Josh, you never cease to amaze me! You two are perfect together!

Michelle- A look at our lovely life said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle- A look at our lovely life said...

That is the best darn story I have ever heard. But with Josh, I am not surprised!! You will love rocking your baby girl in that Diana! I am dying to get one before the next baby!