Wednesday, November 12, 2008

PhD School, here we come!!!!

Well, for those of you who don't already know, Josh and I have decided that Josh should pursue a PhD in Accounting. We have been thinking about this for about five months now and feel really good about our decision. We both graduate in April from BYU and hope to start PhD school in the fall. We are on a whole different path than what we thought we would be but are really excited to push forward.
Eventually, Josh will be an accounting professor and do research. I'm so excited!! I know that Josh is going to be a WONDERFUL professor. He is a great teacher and is so intelligent that I know he'll be a great asset for his students and colleagues.
Part of getting into PhD school is taking the GMAT. Josh has been studying for this test for a couple of months now. Today was finally test day!! Neither of us could sleep last night. I thought I would go crazy waiting for his phone call. When I heard his ringtone on my phone, my heart lept. He got a 710!!!! We were both so excited. Now we can focus on applications. We are so excited about this next phase of our lives together. I am so proud of my sweetheart! He deserved such a good grade. We both know that this was a big blessing for our family. We had to celebrate and what better way to celebrate than going to Cafe Rio. It was delicious. We need to find more reasons to celebrate so we can go to Cafe Rio more often. mMm!!!

6 comments:

Tara said...

Congrats on school! Its so nice when things fall into place after all your hard work. Yum on Cafe Rio. I have to say when we move away from Utah I will be craving there food all the time...I already do!!

Alisa said...

YEAH!!!!!! We actually just went down to your apartment because we've been wondering all day how it turned out...then, I just found this on your blog!! Congratulations Josh (and Diana!)!!! Way to go! What a relief! Oh, and if you want things to celebrate to get you to Cafe Rio I can think of a lot of things!!

Steph Strike said...

Congrats Joshy, you're the best!!! That is such exciting news! Can't wait to find out where you'll be for PhD school....Jersey please!

Cal said...

Oh my. Congrats. That is a great score. My grandpa has a phd in accounting. He taught at CSun and UCLA. He has his own practice too. He enjoys it a lot. It's a great profession. I'm so excited for you two. So many wonderful things on the horizon!

Michelle- A look at our lovely life said...

That is a phenomenal score Josh! Such good news for your cute little family!

Melissa P said...

Way to go on the test!!!!! Thats so awesome! Paul and I (emphasis on I) have been craving Cafe Rio for a few weeks! Maybe you guys should go again for us!