Our sweet Anna celebrated her 4th birthday this past month. Oh, she was so excited. Andrew couldn't be more upset that it wasn't HIS birthday. We loved celebrating her all day long. She truly is the sweetest, most thoughtful little girl I've ever known. The other night at dinner, I said something about my food being too hot and it burned my finger. Josh was in the kitchen doing something at the sink and Anna went up to him to ask for a towel. He asked what she needed it for and she responded, "So that Mommy doesn't burn her hands." I thought it was so sweet.
On Saturday, Josh wasn't feeling well, so I let him sleep in. I told Anna and she suggested we make him breakfast in bed. I let her choose what we'd make to surprise him. She wanted to make him cream of wheat and orange juice. We brought it to him on a tray, and she spent breakfast time in bed with her daddy. It was so sweet.
We love this little princess so much. And let me tell you, she truly is a princess. I wanted a girly girl, and I got the ultimate one. She loves everything pink, pretty, clean, and organized. She begs me to take her shopping and loves to twirl in the dressing room in her clothes. She's a little mommy, always taking care of everyone. She's always trying to do the right thing. She doesn't have a rebellious streak in her at all. She loves to be complimented on her good qualities. She thrives in her preschool class. She impresses us with her sweet prayers. We love her. Happy Birthday Anna!
The other above picture is her at breakfast with her "4" pancake. The kids discovered how delicious strawberries and whipped cream are on pancakes. So, we went all out and gave her the full sha-bang. On our birthdays, we generally go out to eat. Anna was smart enough to remember this tradition and asked where we were going out to eat. We told her she could pick and of course, she picks McDonald's. I'm not really a fast food fan but anything for the princess.
Could she possibly look any happier? Love her!
Me and the boys.
Love, love, love him.
Anna also got celebrated at her school. We sent in cupcakes and she got to make and wear the birthday crown all day. She loved it.
My pictures are out of order, (urg blogger!). This is how we spent her birthday morning. We sent her on a scavenger hunt to find her presents. There is no one, and I mean no one, who loves a scavenger hunt more than this girl. She loved it. We ended up in the kitchen where her presents were. We got all of her presents at a consignment sale for super, super cheap. I don't know if I could ever buy toys at full cost. It was a win win all around.
Cute little easel.
Princess dishes from Granny and Grandpa.
We found this darling doll house at the sale. She loved it. A few weeks later, our friends gave us a princess castle that's even bigger than this one. She told Josh, "Daddy, I like my doll house but I LOVE my princess castle even better!". Cool.
Doesn't he look cute.
We had a very small birthday party for Anna. We just made some cake and cupcakes and sang. That was about it, but it meant the world to Anna. I'm a big believer in keeping things simple. Simple is best. Lots of decorating and such is awesome but the parents get more out of it than the kids, at least at this age. Perhaps when she's older I'll be whistling a different tune. Here are some pics from her get together.
Oh, no one loves this girl like me. So glad she's mine.
Waiting for friends to come over....
Singing "Happy Birthday".
Blowing out her candles. She loved her birthday, and I loved celebrating with her.
Anna also started primary this year. She missed it last year by less than two weeks. So, she's the oldest in her class and LOVING it! Her teacher is Sister Jones, and she adores her. This is her on her first day of primary. Not really in the smiling mood....
I found this little blazer that my friend Danica gave to us a while ago. I forgot we had it. I'm so glad I found it before Andrew grew out of it. I think it's darling. He loves to wear his jacket "like Daddy". We have church at 12:30 and he's begging me to put it on by 8:00. He likes to be like his dad. I think he looks so cute.
Whew, you made it to the end. ;-)
Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
8 years ago

2 comments:
Happy Birthday Anna! We love you!
Andrew looks like a little man.....all the photo's are adorable....what perfect parents you both are! Love, MOM
Post a Comment