My little brother began his two year mission serving as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Young men are encouraged to go on missions when they turn 19 years old to preach the gospel. Currently, the Church has a little over 53,000 missionaries serving all over the world. Before going out to preach, the missionaries spend several weeks in the MTC, Missionary Training Center, where they perhaps learn a new language and how to be better teachers. It's an incredible place. This MTC is currently teaching 52 different languages to prepare these young men and women to serve in various countries. That's probably one of the main reasons 75% of BYU students speak a second language. So, that's where Greg is right now. He's learning Spanish to serve in the Merida, Mexico mission. I'm so proud of him. He's giving up two years of his personal life to serve the Lord and is SO excited to do it. If you want to learn more about what the missionaries teach exactly, visit
http://www.mormon.org/ .
2 comments:
Fun post. I love the picture of you holding Anna out in the falling snow. I hope your brother loves his mission - I'm sure he will.
:-)
Post a Comment