Monday, October 6, 2014

Jenna's First Weeks

Well, Jenna is now three weeks old.  She has changed a lot in the last couple of weeks.  She is much less of a newborn and more of a baby who needs a pacifier and swing to make her happy!  Haha!  I kept holding off on putting her in the swing because I know it's just a crutch.  However, at 4:00 in the morning, that swing just looks so tempting.  We finally gave in, and now there's no turning back.  The first week home, my mom was here and was so helpful.  She was our taxi service, taking the kids everywhere they needed to be.  She was our maid and kept the house nice and clean.  She was our story reader, grocery shopper, errand runner, and interior designer.  We sure do love our Granny.  The kids all miss her terribly, as do I.  Now, we are on our own and actually surviving it all.  Everything is being taken at a much slower pace.  The house isn't as clean and all the errands have to wait until Josh is home.  We are super happy though and are loving spending time with little Jen Jen.  (Daniel shortens every thing and says it twice, hence, Jen Jen).  
 Our stay at the hospital seemed long this time, even though it was our quickest trip.  I usually LOVE my hospital stay.  What's not to love?  Someone brings you hot food that you don't have to prepare or clean up, you get medicine that makes the whole world feel happy, you get to relax in the bed all day.  I'm telling you, it's a beautiful thing.  However, we were less than impressed with our hospital this time around.  Perhaps St. Louis just spoiled us.  The service at our hospital was quite poor and the whole experience was less than desirable.  Since we didn't love it here, we wanted to go home as quickly as we could.  We had to wait for 36 hours after she was born and then we took off.  On our drive home, it was raining and we rear-ended the car in front of us.  Luckily, we just barely tapped the guy and he let us go.  Thankfully, it wasn't worse.  It was so nice to be back at home with all my little chicks.  They loved having their new little sister there with them.  The kids all took turns holding Jenna.  Daniel always wanted to most turns and freaked out when it was someone else's.

 We had to get Jenna checked several time for jaundice, but luckily, she never had to have the lights.  I am O-negative and she is O-positive.  I guess that makes her more susceptible for problems with jaundice so they were extra careful about it.


 Here is her going home outfit.  Jenna is such a great little baby.  She has just been amazing for us.
 Here we are leaving the hospital.  Yay!!

 Jenna and I just hung out while Daddy took care of the co-pay as we left.  We had to snap a few pictures.....of course!


 When we got home, Jenna needed a diaper change and EVERYONE had to help, or else.


 Jenna has really enjoyed her bouncer...and so have we!


 We have had so many wonderful people show us so much love.  We just feel ridiculously blessed.  We've had lots of meals, flowers, and kind words given to us.  Thank heaven for good friends.
 Here are just a few pictures we snapped of Jenna throughout the last few weeks.




 Her first bath at home.  It was a success.  She loved it and then slept amazingly afterwards.

 Say what??
 Jenna had two very concerned on lookers during her bath.  They almost never leave her side.  It's so cute!
 Andrew is completely OBSESSED with baseball.  He would play all day and all night if we let him.  Here are my boys taking a break and practicing Andrew's favorite thing in the world.
 LOVE that boy!
 Here is the happiest boy you'll ever meet!

 Perhaps you are confused.  Yes, we are playing baseball.  No, we are not using a baseball.  This little basketball is soft and big enough to hit for him.
 Here is Jenna after her first bath at home.  She looked so soft, I just had to capture it.





 I could hold her all day, and I do!


 I was so worried about how little Daniel would do.  He's been amazing with her.  His "soft" touches are getting stronger and stronger though.  I really have to watch him like a hawk.  I can't leave her alone for a second or she may just end up black and blue.



It's been a great transition to four kids so far.  Life is busy but we are all happy.  Thank heaven for little girls.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

She is just darling :0)

Danica said...

She's so perfect, I just can't stand it! I love all of your photos. They're beautiful. And that top photo - to die for!! Miss you guys! XOXO