I probably only have a handful of these, but this post has no pictures, just thoughts....
I have just been feeling so incredibly grateful lately to be a mom. It is completely unreal to me how much a child can teach an adult. Being a parent has a steep learning curve with great benefits. Josh and I were talking the other day about how crazy life can be sometimes with keeping the kids from going nuts. We came up with the conclusion that your kids can drive you crazy, (sometimes all day), and you just don't know if you can take one more second, and then by the end of the day, all you can talk about are all of the things your kids did and how cute and funny it all was. We end up spending most of our nights laughing about how daring Andrew is or how sweet Anna is. Somehow, all of the chaos disappears and your heart if overflowing with love. Why is that? I think it's that their little spirits are so good and pure, even when they are coloring on your walls and fighting nonstop. They are still so good. Nothing in the world can replace the relationship of parent and child. There is a divine nature about how a family works. I feel all of this love for my kids because our Heavenly Father feels so much love for them. It's like I can sometimes get a glimpse of what He must feel for them. What a blessing to be able to feel and see that glimpse.
I'm just so excited to be able to experience all of this again very soon with our little Daniel. He'll be here in no time, and I am excited to feel that love for him and to feel of Heavenly Father's love for him. No worldly thing can replace that sweet emotion. It's great to be a parent.
Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
8 years ago

1 comment:
loved everything you said, Diana! Thanks for sharing :0)
Post a Comment