Holy cow! Am I really almost 27 weeks pregnant? Wow. It is just going by so fast. We will blink and our little Daniel will be here. Sometimes I feel a little self conscience about writing details of my pregnancy on my blog, but I always love reading other peoples stories. Plus, this is my "blog journal" so I'm counting this post as a documenting blog for Daniel to read later. (Yea, we'll see if that ever happens). ;-)
This pregnancy has been wonderful so far. In the first trimester, I felt incredibly sick but actually only threw up twice, (thank goodness). However, I picked the two worst days to throw up...the day we moved and the day we drove half way across country. Yea, those weren't timed very well. I had to just throw up and keep on truckin'. Being a mom is tough! My sickness lasted for what seemed like forever. It probably didn't really go away until about 20 weeks or so. That is very comparable to how Anna's pregnancy was, which really made me think this baby was going to be a girl. I guess old wive's tales just aren't always true. Josh is still rubbing that one in.
I have been super, super tired this pregnancy. Much more than with the other two. Of course, a large part of that is that I have "the other two" to keep me running around all the time. Thankfully, the tiredness phase has pretty much passed. I still take naps here and there but nothing like I used to. It was ridiculous. Every single day, I would take about an hour and a half nap while Andrew was sleeping. Plus, I was getting 8+ hours of sleep each night. I just felt completely drained all of the time. I really began to wonder if that would ever go away. Thankfully it did and now nap time can be productive,...(or not). ;-)
My emotions have been pretty moderate. No huge mood swings. There have been some but not too bad. I don't know, maybe you should ask Josh his opinion on that one. I just remember driving in the car when I was pregnant with Anna and crying for completely no reason. I just needed to cry. Yea, none of that this time. I think we're all thankful for that.
Here I am at 21 weeks pregnant at the Saint Louis Zoo.
She also told me that one of her patients also had something crazy happen to her skin. This patient grew a huge, brown mole smack dab in the middle of her forehead. The girl was obviously upset about it but 6 weeks after she delivered, it completely went away. I guess things could be worse. ;-)
This is me on the 4th of July after a very long and exhausting, (but fun), day. Don't look too closely. ;-) I'm 26 weeks in this photo. I grew a lot in 5 weeks! I also gained 10 POUNDS in 6 weeks. Yea, that's ridiculous.
This picture is from my last appointment. At my 20 week utlrasound, they were pretty sure it was a boy but wanted to be certain. They also couldn't see a valve in his heart very well, so I got to have another ultrasound. So, I went on Monday and I began to get nervous because the tech was really struggling to see this valve. She finally was able to and said everything looked normal. So, that was good. And yes, he still is a boy. ;-)
As if three ultrasounds aren't enough.... My doctor wants to do yet another ultrasound in 5 weeks to make sure he is growing well enough. He's only in the 33rd percentile. She says that anything between the 25th and the 75th percentile is normal but she knows that I have big babies. So, she expected that number to be a bit higher. She said that my due date is probably just off. Well, I already knew that. ;-) Anyways, she wants to do a check just to make sure he is continuing to grow at a rate that makes her happy. She also told me that he could just be a smaller baby and it's really nothing to be concerned with. She just wants to keep an eye on things.
Look, he's totally flexing. What a boy!


4 comments:
Diana! I was allergic or something to my ring too! Plus it got a little too tight. I just barely got it back on like a month ago. Pregnancy is so weird! So excited for you guys!
You are such a cute pregnant mommy! My cousin was really allergic to her ring too. She put it on again after she had the baby, but too soon apparently. Her finger turned so red, swollen, and oozy that she had to have it cut off (the ring, not the finger). Fortunately they could put it back together with minimal damage. ...not that you wanted to hear all that...sorry :)
I like reading your pregnancy updates and actually have been wondering where they are.
Bummer about the ring, pregnancy is so strange!
But you look adorable as always!!!
You are the cutest pregnant lady EVER! I hope your ring problem goes away. I have the same thing right now! And the weird part is I'm not pregnant. :) And I lasted two summers here without it doing that. So strange.
Post a Comment