So much has happened in the last month; it's just unreal. Among those things was that we got to celebrate Josh's 28th birthday. It was a great day. He took the day off from school and we got to spend the whole day with each other. That was a gift to me! We started off the morning with pumpkin waffles and liquid gold. Mmm! It was delicious.
Here are some things you may not know about Josh.... He loves to wear his socks half on and half off. It cracks us up. At first, I thought he was crazy but now I like it too. My mom still gets a kick out of it.
He's a candy lover! We always have Gummy Worms, Sweedish Fish, or Red Vines in our cabinet. It keeps us happy! His candy of choice is always something sour and mine is ALWAYS chocolate!
He is THE hardest worker you'll ever meet. He's a machine. It still amazes me after four and a half years of marriage. When we moved, he basically moved the entire place by himself and didn't stop until late that night. His idea of a break was literally 3 minutes of resting. I love hard work but I just don't have the stamina like he does. It makes me feel so grateful for him.
Josh is completely non-judgmental. Sometimes, I'll start talking about something and making my opinion known when he always says to just give it the benefit of the doubt. He sees people and situations different than most, in a much better light. It's inspiring.
He loves being a video camera dad. We are always the one taking lots of pictures and videos. When people give him a hard time about it, he always says, "you'll be grateful for this one day!" And he's right. I love that we have one MILLION family videos. I just wish we had more.
To side track, we went to Olive Garden for his birthday. It was the best it's ever been. We had been working on house stuff all day and were exhausted and hungry. It really hit the spot. That night, we put our kids to bed and then spent the rest of the night painting our new apartment. It was actually really fun.
Back on track, Josh loves playing elevator with our kids. They just can't get enough of it.
When Josh comes home from school, he is greeted each day by squealing, happy kids who jump into his arms. You know you're a good dad if you have kids who can hardly wait to see you. Basically, Josh is the best husband and dad in the whole world. We love getting to celebrate his special day. Happy Birthday to Josh!
As I mentioned earlier, we moved apartments. Our new place has a basement, which we love. Life is more peaceful now because we aren't bursting from every seam anymore. It's wonderful. Here's a picture of how we moved. We didn't move far so just used our van. Josh stood on the side and held our mattress as I drove. It was quite the sight. We feel really grateful to be in our new home.

1 comment:
I miss you guys! i love reading your blog. Can you believe our little guys are in nursery! Philip doesn't even cry either. I think it's because they have older siblings in their with them. How are the washer and dryer? i hope good...
Post a Comment