Sunday, January 1, 2012

Georgia!


We hope everyone had a great Christmas and New Year!  We sure did.  We just got back from a two week vacation in Georgia.  It was wonderful, every second of it.  We have one billion pictures to share, but as for now, we'll take it one day at a time.  So, here's the first batch.  Anna LOVES going to "Granny's house".  Everything in Georgia is Granny's.  Granny's river, Granny's nursery, Granny's restaurant.  It's so cute.  I wasn't worried about her having the time of her life.... I was worried about Andrew destroying Granny's house.  That boy is curious, let me tell you.  He's into everything, all of the time.  However, he did awesome.  I think he loved having so much space to walk around in compared to our small apartment.  Both of the kids were super happy which made for happy parents.  Overall, it was a great trip, filled with lots of memories and love.  Now we're just counting down the days until we get to go again.
My dad set up our reindeer and sleigh just because he knew the kids would love it.  He was right.  Anna was so excited to ride in "Santa's sleigh". 
What's a trip to GA without some good Mexican food?  Yea, that doesn't even make sense.  We usually go here the first day we get to GA and then make multiple trips before we leave.  My mouth is watering just thinking about it.   



We made some Christmas art for Josh's family.  Anna loved being able to use sparkles.  I think my Mom is still trying to get those off her counters.  :-/

 Andrew got in on it too!  Cute.  ;-)

 One time in the sleigh was just not enough.  It was quite entertaining for them both. 



 My mom had a birthday while we were there, so we threw her a little party.  It was so fun.  Anna MADE us wear our hats for hours before the party started.  Every time we took them off, she begged, pleaded and cried for us to put them back on.  I don't think I've EVER seen someone so happy for a party. 
 The noise makers were a hit!

 My mom is such a special person to me.  She has always been there for me and has given me such unconditional love.  I'm the luckiest person in the world to call her Mom.  I'm so glad I got to celebrate her special day with her.  Happy Birthday Mom!!
Part two to come soon!

No comments: