Sunday, October 5, 2008

Our Wonderful Weekend

Josh and I have had such a great weekend!! It's General Conference time again for our church. We got to go up to Salt Lake on Saturday morning and hear talks given by our prophet and other leaders. It was a great experience. The Mormon Tabernacle Choir sang at this session, and it always awes me how amazing their voices are.
This morning, I made some homemade dinner rolls. They got a little burned on the bottoms but were still really good. I've been excited all week to get some baking done this weekend. I don't know what it is about Conference weekend, but it just puts me in the mood to cook!

This recipe turned out great! It's a Spicy White Bean Chili. It's one of our favorites. The best part is, it's SO easy to make!! The aroma made our whole house smell delicious. Mmm!!

For the last session of Conference, we decided to drive up to the canyon and listen to it on the radio. It was so perfect. We parked our car in a grove of trees between the moutains, cracked our window and felt the crisp air, and listened to a babbling brook beside us. It was very peaceful. The scenery made me feel very relaxed and grateful for the beauty of nature. We drove down the Alpine Loop and admired all of the gorgeous colors! It was so, so beautiful. All of the leaves had changed and were still glistening from the leftover rain drops. I had never been down this trail, and I was just amazed!! I wish these pictures did the beauty of the scene justice, but they don't even come close. I guess that's what you get when you use a point and shoot camera. If you live here in Utah, GO NOW! Don't miss the beautiful leaves; you'll love it!




4 comments:

alexandria said...

Conference always makes me want to cook too! Problem is, don't really know how. Could I get that white chili recipe from you? It looks yummy for autumn days!

Meredith Shatzer said...

Looks like you had a great weekend! I love conference as well. I hear we're seeing you two on Saturday at the Harrisons?! Our husbands were playing football together tonight and she said you guys are in the same ward. That's so fun. We'll see you then!

HeatherLucile said...

What fun you have! I am so glad to hear that all is going well with your baby and you! Also... you rave about this white bean chili and it makes me curious about the recipe! Take care!

Alisa said...

hi!! I'm so glad to have your blog address!! It's fun to look through your blog too! We're so glad to have you guys here too! Hope you're having a great week (well, Monday at least).