

It's hard to believe that Kindergarten came and went. Anna is on her way to first grade. She had a great first year. She loved her teacher and loved being with sweet friends. We both had to adjust to being in school. I had to wrap my mind around all of the papers that were sent home, lunch boxes and hot lunch, and school bus schedules. For Anna, the most important thing I could do for her during the school year was to make sure she had enough sleep. For about 3/4 of the year, I sent her on the bus in the mornings. That meant a 6:30 AM wake up time. We were struggling though. She would come home cranky and would be constantly angry at her siblings. It finally got to the point that I knew something had to change. I decided to start taking her to school in the mornings to see if that extra thirty minutes of sleep would help. It was truly an answer to prayer. Anna's behavior really improved. I just wish I had figured it out earlier. I totally would have driven her to school every morning if I had made that connection. Now I know. Next year will be better in that regard.


I want to document some of my favorite memories of Anna during Kindergarten. I loved going to Parent's Day. It was held right after Mother's Day. Anna had worked so hard on little crafts and pictures to give to me and Josh. I loved seeing her so happy that we were there. I know that type of excitement won't last long, so I'm trying to savor it while I can. I also loved the Kindergarten Veteran's Day parade. Anna got to carry the flag at the front of the line in her class. She was so proud of herself. They learned tons of songs and little dance movements and performed for all the parents. I ate it all up. I also loved meeting all of Anna's friends. She made lots of sweet friends but there was one girl that Anna got particularly close with. Her name is Katie and she is the sweetest, most loving little girl. Katie wrote on her end of the year paper that her favorite part of kindergarten was meeting her best friend Anna. Melted. My. Heart! I love for my kids to have good friends like that. Overall, it was a great year! We're excited to see what this next year will bring.

Anna also finished her first year of dance. Her little dance recital was so sweet. She loved performing. She was so naturally graceful. It made me so proud of her for working so hard.
Anna and her friend Ava. They're so sweet together.
Anna was also insistent that I post a picture of the day she made everyone breakfast one morning. She's the sweetest. Josh just got a calling to serve in the bishopric which means he has to leave an hour and a half earlier than we do. I'm usually getting myself dressed or what not while he's gone. Anna has really stepped up with helping me out. On Sundays she takes the initiative and gets out peanut butter and jelly, makes everyone a sandwich, cuts off the crust, slices them in half, puts them on paper plates complete with chips and a drink. Now, that is amazing!! I'm so glad she was born first. I need a helper. I'm super grateful for her sweet spirit.
No comments:
Post a Comment