I just realized that I never posted this blog post! Holy cow. We took our kids camping a few weeks after we moved in. One night of camping with three kids under age five is our limit. We had a great time though. We found a beautiful spot right on a huge river. We were the only ones there and set up our tent right at the lake. The view was beautiful and the weather was even better. We brought frisbees and balls and lots of yummy food. The kids loved walking down to the dock so they could throw rocks in the river. For a little boy, that's a dream come true.
Daniel is watermelon obsessed. He just can't seem to get enough of it. I love his little facial expressions in all of these pictures. He was focused, let me tell you.
Andrew loved finding sticks for the fire. He was Daddy's little helper. When it came time to roast hot dogs, he was just beside himself because he was so excited.
This is Andrew trying to smile for the camera but couldn't take his eyes off of the fire for more than a second.
We played hide-and-seek behind trees for a long time. The kids always hid in the same spots and thought they were totally being stealthy and creative.
We put the kids to bed and then Josh and I sat by the fire talking about anything we could think of. I love moments that are so simple but feel so good. It's the little things in life that are great for making memories. That night, Josh told me that when he and Anna walked down to the dock, they saw an ALLIGATOR! I about DIED! It was just swimming around in the lake. I sure wish he had of waited til morning to tell me because I had dreams about alligators all night.
Look at our view! It was so pretty....and so close to alligators. Luckily though, we were quite a bit higher than the lake. You can't really tell in this picture but there is a decent drop off before you get to the water. That made me feel better about the alligators.
It was a great camp out. We all had so much fun and made some lasting memories together.
Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
8 years ago
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment